Tuesday, September 12, 2006

It's the Red Ball

Le Prestige Annual ball was truly an amazing experience for me. Been looking forward to this event since ms devi told us about it.
So that day itself, I reach the office as usual, apparently the interns need to help out something in the office before heading to Hilton. But guess what? We’ve got nothing to do! So then, waited for siti to come, yes siti nurhaliza =p. cruised in her myvi to the hotel. But before that, we went to a salon in bangsar as they (the ladies staff in Le Prestige) wanted to set their hair. While waiting for them, mel and I went out and walked around that area, and came back with one ‘b.look’ bag each. Yes we ended up shopping =p. siti was the first one who has her hair done, so we left first, leaving the others to follow green. ‘Green’ is the name of another.
For a few hours in Hilton, we were all busy with preparation. From unwrapping magazines and putting it into 500 paper bags, to, bringing the bags in, placing it one on each seat. From carrying big boxes of door gifts and placing it on the table for each seat. Another was, slipping in the menu into the napkin foldover. It was all about the ‘ta chap’ work. Hehe. If I were to do this everyday, I bet you will get a perfect body grace the next time you see her. Hehe =p. when all the preparation was done, the managing director of le prestige, the lady whose forehead reads ‘power’, gathered us to have a short briefing on the final checklist. Just like what we always do in gfg before every big event.
We actually have a room on our own, one for us (staffs) and one for the higher position staff. And amazingly, we have our own make up artist and hair styler! Wow! That’s like soooo VIP!! But unfortunately, due to insufficient of time, they went off to cater the other room after doing a make over for only one person in our room. Oh by the way, there is this only guy in our room, pity him, or shall I say, he is lucky to share a room with us? Hehehe! He look so excited when we had our girl talk about, go braless when veini try on her gown, hehehe.
I wasn’t long after we get ready at the registration counter, when out first guest came. Mel and I did the usherer job. Getting guests to snap photos and so on. That was when I met all the high profile corporate leaders, all the datins and datos, the glamorous and rich faces and not forgetting some celebrities like paula malai ali, soong ai ling, chef wan, alex young and wife, Winnie loo, lilian too, Bernard chandran, mahatzir lokman and so on. Greeting them, welcoming them. Some were friendly, some were not so friendly. Everyone were dressing up smartly, men in tuxedo, all the ladies in beautiful and elegant gown, the atmosphere were so reddishly grand.
Well, that’s the only task for me that night. The rest of the night was plain walking around looking, observing how people socialize, snapping photos and so on. I was seated next to this dato, who is an engineer doing business. Thank goodness he is a friendly person, as I was worried I will be sitting next to some snobbish datin or dato. He talked about his business and we (mel and I) talked about our internship. He gave us a very good piece of advise, asking us not to demand for anything now, instead, now is the time for us to learn and see things. And gradually what we demand in the first place will come automatically. Halfway through, we went out to look for luke, my boss sitting next to me in the office. Wanted to snap a photo with him. We found him with the rest of the big bosses outside and hang around with these bosses for a while. Well, I was definitely amazed because they were being really friendly to us. Though my boss who sat next to me we close to me, but we didn’t exchange more than 5 words. Only hi byes and good mornings. So that was the time I got to them more, luke, ken the Japanese guy and his Singaporean wife and this alan, the aka brad pitt from LA. Hehehe. They are really jokers man, I laughed like hell throughout the whole session. By the time I went in, im feeling a bit of dizziness already, same goes to mel. Thanks to my empty stomach and the glasses of wines that I had earlier. It was so intense at the end, that mel said that I walk unstable-ly. Hehehe! So there I go, my very first taste of being drunk. Im not sure if im drunk, because I was still sober, just that I was dizzy. By the time I went into the ballroom again, I couldn’t walk anymore, I sat down quietly. That time was the time to announce the award for best dressed. It was paula and Winnie loo and adrianna. That’s the 3 well known ones that I remember. Hehe. Their gown is truly astounding! Not having the strength to even take up my camera and snapped their photos. Thank goodness, finally my mum came and I went home. So that’s about it.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
"" the decor ""

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
"" red chandelier ""

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
"" boss ""

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
"" this is siti nurhaSRINA ""

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
"" ellfy-the thorn among the roses ""

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
"" i have full respect for her-my supervisor ""

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
"" look for chef wan here ""

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
"" yours truly ""

2 comments:

dream305 said...

wah... so pretty... gorgeous!

Grace said...

wah your comment so nice !! love it! hehehe