Monday, February 19, 2007

gong xi fatt chai

My goodness… I desperately need someone to talk to right now ! not just anyone, I need the right person to talk to… ko, please sacrify gambling and talk to me please.. sob sob..

Guess what ! it’s my day 7 here in Australia! Cant believe that im actually here in the middle of Melbourne city already. There are so much to explore and experience, just too many things. I have to be really out spoken, I need to change myself.

Anyway, lets not go to the story of my terrible permanent accommodation.. been talking about it and im sick of repeating it again here.. haha.. conclusion is, im happy with my new apartment. Yes.

It’s Chinese new year ! and im alone here without my family. Gosh, I miss everyone so much ! especially the reunion dinner that I missed yesterday night. Ive been having visualization on the merry atmosphere in my house. Like what normally happens at this time, and oh, after dinner its time for gambling.. aunties would be all helping to clean up.. uncles and youngsters would start gambling.. chit chat and laugh.. how I wish I was there! Before I came, I told myself to be optimistic, I should try to experience a cny without my family and I thought it wont be a big deal for me, sap sap sui. But I really feel it now, it’s really tough.

Anyway, my cny wasn’t that bad after all =p got two invitations to Chinatown but only could meet up with one group. We had dinner together first, ant’s treat. Then we walk around Chinatown, there are many stalls like flea market in m’sia, selling food and cny decorations. While walking we reach this ‘yoke gon’ stall, and felt so at home! Hehe, we were actually surprise they are selling yuk gon here in Australia. Not long kee or woh lai yea, but some baliah brand which I never heard off. Hehehe. There was this singing competition on the stage in the middle of Chinatown, anyone can go up to join the competition or just go up and perform any cny song. And on the street, you’ll see many Australians wearing Chinese traditional costume, be it samfu or cheongsam and they look really good. It was only 10pm when we round up Chinatown, hence we decided to move on to crown. There was another celebration there. It took us bout 25mins walk to reach. Well, the atmosphere there was way merrier and its different in a way that, hm, I don’t know what word to use, classier? Its like petaling street and the curve. Get it? they set up this stage and people singing was some professional opera singers, they sing like il divo, no joke. One sing like micheal buble. Hehe. And then we look at our watch and think that it’s still early for countdown, so ant brought ang and me to the casino! Muahahah! First time entering a casino man! What an eye-opening experience for me. By the way, the minimum age to enter a casino in Australia is 18, and im way past 18, kekeke! Went to this roulette section, stood there and watch people place the bets and I start asking ant lots of questions. Well, first timers are always idiots right? Hehe. Then, went out again to the main stage outside and stayed til midnight. Well, no countdown, but the last 10 mins before midnight, there was this lion dance and dragon dance performing, all are ausralians, which I think its really weird. Hehehe. Imagine the one under the lion heard is a white young man. Haha. Funny. And the highlight was when it strikes 12am, instead of displaying fireworks, which was what I initially thought, instead, they put on firecrackers (pau jiong) to marks the new year in the Chinese calendar! How funny is that. Hehe. Well, I just think the whole idea of having street celebration for cny is weird and funny. Haha. Just imagine if we have countdown at bkt bintang for cny, wondering how would that be. Hahah! Anyway, happy cny, from me all the way from Melbourne city !

No comments: