Saturday, November 10, 2007

Atypical practice

A week ago H called me up to inform me about our next choir practice and asked me if I could bring along my laptop so that they could do some recording. I said yes, sure !
This afternoon when I reach the centre, I was surprised to see two new members along with their guitars. Later did I know that they are composers and lyricists. Apparently they heard about our choir when the MC made an announcement during the kosenrufu meet, that our choir is now open for recruitment. They were really enthusiastic about it, they brought in their songs today, hoping that collaborate them and work something out in our choir. They played two songs. Frankly speaking, I didnt quite like the melody but I thought the lyrics was beautiful and that I must admit that their guitar skills are not bad either. They were asking if their songs are what we usually sing in our choir, which by the way is not. =p Luckily A, our conductor, beautifully negotiated them by not letting them feeling disappointed. =p She said the lyrics are lovely but she needs to listen more on the melody and perhaps she might make some changes to make it more appropriate to suit our choir's repertoire. So, that is when I recorded their songs and burn a copy for A so that she can listen and further amend the melody.

After the rehearsal, I managed to get a lift from P as he was heading to the state library. On the way back to the city, he told me how he met M, his fiancee - it was their first day at uni 10 years ago and how she changed his life. Then, we talked about my bro for a while. By the way, he is one of the those that goes "what??? gerard is your brother???" when he found out that I'm Gerard's sister. LOL ! I remember fondly, both of them (P&M) were throwing me this disbelief look the other time. hahaha.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah...and I remembered M said that P had long hair in uni...similar to those "gu wak chai" style. Hehe

Grace said...

for a moment, i didnt know who you are. and i thought you were just making up this thing about M and P.

But yes !! P told me this afternoon that back then he had really long hair.. haha