About two three weeks ago, I tried sending sms to this friend, L, wanting to catch up with her after months. For a few days but I did not get any reply from her - it is very atypical that she doesnt reply my smses. I tried calling her but I landed in her voicemail. I thought something was amiss but I thought I was thinking too much and then I told myself, she might have changed her number and yet to inform me, and that she will get back to me later. This afternoon while tramming our way to visit A (the lady that we interviewed for my radio project), I asked R whether or not my friend is still in the cheerleading squad. I told her I didnt manage to catch up with her and I asked did she change her number or something. First thing she said to me was "Oh, you don't know what happen?". At that moment, I could sense something's not right. And then I found out that apparently she flew back to Msia after her dad had a heart attack and after a week, her dad passed away. Because of that, her cheer squad had to change their whole routine as she holds one of the major position in the dance routine. Anyway, for a moment, in fact for a long moment, I sat their quietly, trying to grope my way in the dark to grasp what I just heard. In my head, I saw her dad. It was just about 3 months ago her whole family was here, and her parents wanted to meet me up for dinner as they are friends with my mum back in KL. It was rather complicated how her parents met my mum and why they wanted to meet me up. His dad is a very nice man and pampers L a lot. I remember I met them at Safeway before heading for dinner that night. Her parents were so nice, they quietly bought some Arnotts biscuits and a Cadbery Chocolate Powder and then only gave it to me when were walking on and parted halfway. I'm still keeping it in the kitchen as I dont drink hot chocolate.
I hope my friend is okay and that she will be strong to endure this sudden misfortune. I shall catch up with her when I return. In the meantine, I will send my deepest prayers to her dad and her family. NMHRGK.
It is really ironic - just yesterday I was at Fresh Spirit's meeting and our topic was Ichinen Sanzen part 3 - this topic touches on 'life and death' in the context of Nichiren's Buddhism. It is said that both life and death are the phases of life and that death is just a phase where by life is in rest to rejuvenate before rebirth. Each second and each minute the cells in our body dies and new ones grow. It encapsulates the idea of life and death that the moment of one's passing, the life in the form of energy returns and merge again with the universe. It is liken to the sea. Our manifestation , our own individual existence are like waves. And when we die, the waves submerge back into the sea. When the time is right again, that wave will be form and emerge on the sea again. Thus, life is eternal and one go through the cycle of birth and death repeatedly.
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment