Thursday, March 20, 2008

Back from Medieval land

It's March, going on April soon. I'm back in Melbourne for my final year of my Bachelor degree. I've settled down in a new place, new room (not literally, in fact my room is older), new house and new environment. No doubt that I miss the more luxurious accomodation that I stayed in last year, living in the middle of the CBD, up on 23rd level comfy apartment with strict security system and unlimited access to the pool, gym and sauna. That was before.
A few months before I left went back to KL last year, I have already make a decision to move out from this place and move into another place when I return. To be specific, I wanted something cheaper so I have more money to spend! HAHAHA! Well, money was just part of the reason, I just wanted a change of environment, stay with different people and gain a different experience. And now I got it. Initially I wasn't really happy with my new place, I can't help but to compared with my ex-accomo. But gradually I grow to like it. This place is SO near to Victoria Market (that means I pay less and get more for groceries, and sometime free! yey!), quiet, spacious room, i think this room is twice as big as my previous room, bigger wardrobe, and there is a backyard for me to hang my clothes after washing. I try to look at the positive aspect of it rather than to lament on the negative aspect of this house, and oh, this is a townhouse by the way. I especially like this small little gate in front of my house. Shall post some photos when I get my ASDL2+.

Moving on, to my new life. OOOOoooo.....! =p Yes, I have to admit that my life this year is so much different from before. Everything that I do, every decision I make, I got to think twice. And that there are more things for me to consider before I make each decision. Though this is new, but I can see myself learning more and more as we get along. I feel very comfortable at the moment, it has been all good. =") But on another note, as I walk deeper into this, I began to see more and more weaknesses in myself, like really A LOT! I thought I was better than this, but to my disappointment I am not. And as of recently, I find myself reflecting critically on myself in the situation I am now. I constantly think how can I change myself to be better or to do better. I now understand why a friend of mine told me I'm going to grow in my new life - I am experiencing that now.

Uni! *stress* Heavier workload, more readings, readings, more readings and more, and again, readings readings readings... ! Nevertheless, I determined to put in my 101% effort into my studies this year! I know, I know, that it is easier to be said than done. But I told myself I'm gonna try to matter what. I did it last semester, I will do it again. =")


Gakkai! There are so many changes here in SGIA Victoria! Mirai has split into two groups. Fresh Spirit will be splitting into 2 soon, and might be 3 in the near future. Bayside region has also split into two. SGIA is really expanding ! =)
I have resume in attending my weekly group meetings ever since I reach Melbourne about a month ago. And just last Sunday, we celebrated 3.16 at the Kaikan and we did a musical performance! -Scroll down for video- Well, I must admit that the quality wasn't that perfect, as we only have a week to prepare. But nonetheless, I enjoyed every brainstorming and practice sessions and of course the actual day itself. Just to touch on the actual day, I find myself rejuvenating after the meeting. I was deeply encouraged by all the experiences that I heard on that day, one especially by Ruks. Maybe she is the only one out of the many speakers that I know personally, hence I could relate to her better. Ruks is the first SGIA member I spoke to when I reach Melbourne last year. She will be going back to India for good after residing in Melbourne for more than 7 years. When she first broke the news to me about 2 weeks ago, I felt a little upset as we will be losing an amazing leader in Yarra Yarra region. But at the same time, I am happy for her that she finally decide on a path, one that requires a lot of courage to walk on. =) Anyway, the meeting was good, I'm so glad I was there. I resolve to renew my determination to walk in the path of kosenrufu striving for the best in every aspect of my life. Let's accelerate the momentum of kosen-rufu. =) Gambateh!

No comments: