Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Blue Moon

Just out of a sudden I feel like blogging tonight. Don't know what prompt me, well, probably after reading some blogs that my friends wrote.
Anyway, what have I been doing since my last entry? I feel that I've got less and less time for myself this year. Like I couldn't find time for this, no time for that, no time for blogging, no time for movies, no time for dramas, no time to read non-academic books, cook less compared to last semester, I've even cut down on some meetings because I really haven't have enough time. Hm, I sense some exaggeration, but more or less it is like that. =p And this semester, I'm overloading myself with 5 subjects. It might be tough and challenging, but I'm really looking forward to my project and documentary. It's going to be exciting! Yet tough at the same time but fret not, its going to be rewarding at the end! Knowing that fact that I'm going to graduate soon, I am very determined to give my fullest and to work harder this semester. I wanna throw hats happily on my graduation day! =p

Just exactly a month ago I was on holiday. And before I know it, I'm in my 3rd week of studies already. 1.5 months wasn't enough for me, I so wanted a longer holiday. But it was good, especially my two weeks in Sydney. It was so relaxing I practically didn't have to worry about anything at all! Imagine reading at the beach in the morning, walking on the seaside in the evening and exploring the city whenever I want to and last but not least spending time with Melvyn after a long time. =") When I return to Melbourne, TT came for 8 days visit, she was with me most of the time before moving to Elsie's. Halfway through, my other friend came with her partner. Met up with them a couple of times. What's more exciting for me was when my brother came after that! Though it was just a short meet-up session with him, I felt truly happy to see him after a long time. =)

Moving on to other parts of my life - I attended a Youth Camp less than 2 weeks ago in Merrick Lodge. It was very relaxing weekend for me. For some reasons, Merrick reminds me of my NS stint- sharing toilets, cold nights, wide field, volleyball, big eating hall etc etc. Anyway, the Youth Camp was something that I've been looking forward ever since it was announced few months ago. The intensity leveled up when I learnt that I won't be going to Gold Coast for OPC. Was quite disappointed at first, but later I got over it. I'm just gonna wait for those who will be going, to share their experience with me when then return. =) So we have 2 group study sessions and 2 person shared their experience on the first day, played volleyball in between break time, played some games in the eating hall, saw Des's ballet performance and the night ended with bon fire. For once, I'm experiencing a real campfire with REAL fire. (the ones that I attended before are all fake fire =p) It was just like what I wanted to experience for a very long time - when everyone come out and surround the fire, singing and chit chatting in the midst of a cold night with hundreds and thousands of stars in the sky. I just like the feeling. =) I went to bed quite early, which was something that I did not expect and boy it was SOOOOO COLD ! No heater, no quilt, no hot water bottle. I woke up several times in the night shivering to myself inside my sleeping bag. Believe me, it was a painful experience! I should have known since its winter and that place is not far from the sea. Never would want to try that again! The next day, I learnt that I wasn't the only one, most of them went through the same thing as I did. Hehe.. So for 2nd day, we had a study session with Jarrett and a Q&A session with the MDs and WDs - they came all the way for us. =) After that we had our last meal and head back to Elsternwick. On the way back, we played Black Magic in the bus. Initially it was just a few of us, but halfway through almost have of them in the bus joined in. It's a very fun game, but only when there are a mixture of people who knows the secret and people who doesn't. I'm glad that I managed to figure out the 'secret' in that 1.5 hour! Hehe...

That day was the last day I see YG, he's now back in S'pore. Great to have him as a friend and comrade in Gakkai. We're all hoping him to come back in the near future.

There's so much to talk about but I should really get back to work. Until my next entry, take care everyone! =)

No comments: