Sunday, November 04, 2007

Family Matters

Recently I received a news from my dad regarding some "family matters". It's funny how I term it as "family matters" though the whole scenario was kickstarted by just one person. But if you don't already know, that's how things work in my family. There is main broadcaster and some mini stations under it. LOL! But, really, everything that happens within the family would affect one another in one way or another.
Anyway, I manage to spoke to my cousin, she's really in deep trouble I would say. I feel empathetic to what she is dealing now (and more to come in the future) and this comes with a BUT. I hope through this ordeal, she would turnover a new leaf. What's next is to really show repentance and to think twice before making any decisions - decisions that at times would strongly influenced by emotions. And that this shall serve as a valuable lesson to what ah gor said "that freedom comes with responsibility". It will be hard to earn back a trust that has been broken, but it is not impossible. It takes some time, and all future actions would be able to help in gaining back the trust. The worst is yet to come. I know and understand how upset and devastated you feel now, I wouldn't imagine myself in this situation but, really, as I'm part of the family, I truly undertand it's extremely hard to deal with. But I guess there is no way out, just have to face it. =)

p/s: Cheer up! It's not the end of the day. We shall go shopping like crazy to de-stress you! =p

Taking a step back to look at this matter, once again I could feel the bond between family members - this family helping that, and that helping another (along with some complains of course =p). It reminds me on this incident happened many years ago when I was about to step into high school. And how because of the support from other families, this particular family was able to survive through the darkest period of their life. Again, of course with some reasonable complains, but I think those are fine as I know deep down inside, they are really offering help sincerely. As I'm reflecting on my family now and stepping another step back to look at it in a bigger picture, I feel really fortunate to be able to share my life in my family, not just my immediate but all my paternal extended families. Of course, it's not perfect. It's like a rollercoaster ride, with ups and downs, but at the end of the ride, you look back and said "WOW, that was really good !"

No comments: