This is Mary from Claremont Home. She was our pick when we were looking for someone to interview for our Radio project. This day, we visited her to pass her a copy of our completed program.
While listening to it, she broke into tears.
She was touched by her own story. Plus the emotional music that we use didn't help either. =p She was amazed and find it funny to listen to her voice from a sound box. Before we left, we took a photo with her.
I showed her on my camera the photo, again, she finds it funny how the techonology evolves and that she now can see photos instantly after snapping. It's sad that each visit I find her getting older and older. She will lived her remaining days in Claremont Home. It was a great experience working with Mary. =)
After we left Claremont Home, we crossed over to Albert Park to get some water. While we were chilling and camwhoring, Rodi took out a shirt and said "You know what, I'm crazy. I brought this T out just in case it's too warm I'm gonna change to this" And then I said "What? Are you ok? I think you should just stay in the hospital, you're not ready to be discharge yet. LOL!"
By the way, she was in the hospital the day before. She sent Putri and I a message that reads something like "Hey babe, I'm sorry about today. Haha, I dont know what I'm doing at the hospital. By the way, I'm on wheechair. =p" She sounded like it was so fun to be on wheelchair in the hospital. Plus, she's still having this,
.
.
.
.
v
on her wrist, refusing to take it out and happily showing it to us when we met her up at the tram station earlier. lol!
Anyway, back to her shirt.
See? This is Jose Rizal, some revolutionist in Philipines 3949235 years ago. And you know what? This Jose here is the great-grandfather of Rodi ! She said she is not lying and I believe she's not. I mean why would she want to? Plus it's logical because she's Philipino mix Sweedish. She said she always like the name 'Jose' and one day she was wearing this baby T to some family gathering in Philipines and her relative/family member/mum/dad/grandpa/grandma (i can't remember which) told her that's her great-grandfather. She even told me some history of what happen to Jose Rizal, but I can't remember much. All I know is I read about this Jose in my brown Sejarah text book back in high school.
No comments:
Post a Comment