It has been a great month back home. Home is always the best and there's no doubt about it. I'm currently enjoying being a full time pampered daughter, when mum is within reach all the time. I'll tell you how spoilt I am. My mum would wake up early in the morning to check if I have enough petrol to use for the day. She will make sure it's at least half a tank full or she'll pump it full for me. And that's just one of a million ways she expresses her love. I shall not talk about how bad I feel to be flying off again in a couple of week's time.
Being home also means escaping from my independent life. A time when I don't have to worry about my meals, my groceries, cleaning the kitchen, money and housemates issues. I had numerous meet-ups with friends, wonderful chats with them and is amazed and encouraged by some stories that happened last year. Thanks for all the sharing, I feel that I'm not alone in my struggles. =)
Funny how my relationship with some friends remains warm as ever but others varies with time and space. Coming back this year feels different from last year. Apart from all the wonderful meet-ups with friends, I feel that I have 'lost' some other friendships, not knowing who they are anymore. I kept reminiscing about the good ol days when we were still young and playful, when there are less commitments and worries in life and when friends are genuine and sincere. Optimistically, I shall see it as a more matured friendship with less contacts and less catch ups. A phase when there is no need to be like before anymore. Or perhaps a phase when friendship is less valued?
PS: I believe in platonic friendship, do you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
yes i believe it too !!
I think we have a lot! Hehe
Post a Comment