
Few weeks ago I received a call from a witheld number. I thought it was either my mum or my dad but to my surprise it was Sabere, my ex-housemate. What I initially thought of her calling me to get my letters or something turn out to be an invitation to her random party. Yes, read that word r.a.m.d.o.m cause it's just a casual party. I asked her again and again is there any reason say her birthday party or is it a farewell or celebration for her graduating soon etc but denied all of them. Anyway, I told her that I was going to come since I'm free on Friday night.
Kai came with me, I'm glad she did. She add more Chinese faces in the party. =p Most of them are Iranian. As you can see from the photo, only 3 of us Chinese, that guy is from HK. So Persian party it is, Persian food, Persian music and Persian people speaking Persian language. One thing I notice about them is their cheek kissing culture. This is their way of greeting a friend and they do it to guys too - the Persian way. It is almost like the hugging culture for Australians which is more common to many of us. Also, this bunch of Persian are very friendly people, they would walk around the room and introduce themselves and approach us to strike a conversation.
Halfway through the night, someone played some upbeat Iranian music and everyone start dancing. I felt a bit awkward at the beginning but soon when every's doing it I just followed. But it didn't felt right cause I'm so not used to dancing to Iranian music. Andddd, it was my first time seeing Kai's on her moves and boy... she's such a cutie !!! I'm laughing as I'm typing this. =p As for the Bob (the one from HK), he tried to shuffle but it just didn't match with Persian music, but I must say he's really good at it. I've tried a few times, trying to learn shuffling but it's just not my thing. I just can't get the beats and rhythm synchronise. Sigh... shall try again next time.
The night ended at about 11.30pm after a long wait for Sabere to come out from the toilet. Apparently she drank too much and ended up vomitting in the toilet. Hehe.. Anyhow, I quite enjoyed the party, not so much for the food, but the company was good. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment