Saturday, May 22, 2010
Typical Saturday
My Saturday routine have changed since a month ago when the dance group decided to change rehearsal time from Thurday night to Saturday morning. I personally prefer the latter more than the other because it allows us more time to practice, more time for sharing and discussion, the fact that it's morning means it's bright with lots of sunlight shinning through the windows in the Kaikan main hall. Whereas on Thursday nights, most of us have to rush to Kaikan after work, some skipping dinner, not only that, we have to end sharp on time and everyone rushes to leave immediately to catch train/tram so as not to reach home too late. Now that it's happening on a weekend morning, means plenty of time to mingle around after rehearsals, plenty of time to have lunch together, and these could essentially bring everyone together creating a closer bond within the group. :) Today it was my turn to share something at the end of the practice. I spoke about the legendary Kansai spirit from the 3rd Kansai Cultural Festival happened back in 1964. They are well known for their inspiring performance took place under the rain, their passion to perform despite the rain, and various challenges participants overcame leading up to the event. When I think of Kansai spirit, I think of their indomitable fighting spirit to be never defeated and to win in every challenge. I have heard this story many times in the past when I was in still in Renaissance Choir back then and I remember I used to not pay attention to the person speaking at the front. However, after all that, this time reading the entire event by myself gives me a whole new meaning of what Kansai spirit is all about. I'm really happy the group is progressing very well at the moment, better than what I expected but a part of me is worried about the sustainability in the future. The big question that constantly creep up in my mind is how long can I sustain the group?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment